Saturday, October 23, 2010

How to save $$$ on Christmas....When you live in a small town, Part 1

I know some of you were right on the technology train, had smartphones before everybody else,etc..
     I was not.

     I have jumped on the online shopping bandwagon, but still I know some of you are leery OR not sure how to get started. Most people DONT shop online for two reasons- shipping and putting their financial info online. First, you can get free shipping on tons of online items from amazon, ebay, and more. Did you like hearing last black friday that while you got up at 4 am and just missed that hot item you wanted somebody got up at 5or 6, shopped in their jammies, and had it shipped to store  for free? Also, most financial info is stolen from two places, your mailbox or your trashcan.

 My absolute favorite shopping addiction  online store is amazon.com. I started last year with their lightning deals. I had just had a baby, trying to save on gas, and then that magic box with the smile on it arrived. I got several hot deals, and this Christmas with be no different so pay attention! You can get free two day super saver shipping on many items when you spend 25$, or buy a prime membership for free shipping on any prime eligible item (90% of the items, no matter how big ) for 89$ the whole year. However, I got a 'free trial' membership with a promo this spring, when that ended they gave me three more months for buying diapers, then there was another promo this summer, and last month there was a 'moms club' trial to last til Christmas. I have been thoroughly pleased with their customer service (who can say that anymore?) and loved everything I've gotten.

Can you really save? Prices change hourly, by supply and demand.  THIS Erector set motorized helicopter is regularly 39.99 on sale now for 12.12 (it may not be by the time you see it.) Now you might be able to find it in walmart or target for 30$, but 12 is a steal! Another game I have seen a lot was 'giraffallaff limbo'. These were 25-30 in stores and a semi-hot game last year. I saw one price on amazon for 9$! I will try to post some of the hottest items, so definitely keep an eye out for amazon deals!!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm not sure how some people feel about credit cards but I also have a Chase Amazon card that I earn point on when I make purchases at Amazon :) I'm all about reward points!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw that, with some 50$ signing bonus? I AM against credit cards but..... I do have a paypal that I use for all online purchases. I then instantly pay off with paypal. I use it to get credits. Do as I say, not as I do:)

    ReplyDelete