Monday, November 8, 2010

Toy Story Blu-ray...and a word about wal-mart

Okay, so I built up the Toy Story Deal like it was the greatest thing since sliced bread... and I hope some of you got it. Let me tell you about my experience...
I live in a small town of less than 10,000. I skipped up to the local wal-mart with my 8.00 off coupon and was turned away by the higher than advertised prices. Asking the manager, she stated, "Oh, yeah, that's only the price at supercenters."
Okay. I thought no biggie, I was going to the next biggest town about 20 miles away anyway, to buy some pizzas, hit the park....and now buy the blu-ray.
Thursday came, I went to the park, got a killer purse on sale CHEEP, then moseyed into walmart.....to see the same higher price.
Asking the manager, she replied, "Oh, yeah, not all supercenters have that price." A little more irritated, but not feeling like I could complain in light of awesome purse, I went back home, knowing I would hit a much larger town anyway on friday and target would not let me down, nor have these regional pockets of varying prices.
Friday comes and I walk into target, coupon in hand.... only to frantically search the empty shelves filled with only dvds........ I grab the ad and stomp childishly into the next supercenter, ready to comp the ad AND try to use my coupon (perfectly legal yet prone to complaint) when I see right there, the correct advertised price and full shelves. YAY!
(Moral of the story) Your mileage may vary! If a deal is not in your area, or at your location, I'm sorry! And feel free to leave a comment so we can let other readers know.  Thanks and here's hoping your shopping trip goes better than my TS3 one!

No comments:

Post a Comment