Wednesday, October 20, 2010

How to get FREE groceries

Okay girls, this is one I've wanted to share for a long time. Here in the Ozarks, you have to know where to shop. One of the many ways I've found to get FREE groceries is at Dillon's. It's not every week, and I don't go in just to grocery shop (usually). Here's how:
1. You need a Dillon's card. Go and sign up at the registers before your big shopping trip. It takes about 2 minutes and is easy and free.
2. Register your card on these websites: shortcuts , cellfire , and dillons . You can then load e-coupons, usually new every tuesday.
3. Stack sales with paper coupons and e-coupons. One one of my biggest deal trips, dillons was running their popular buy 10, get 5.00 off promotion. Kraft had this 5$ off 5 coupon, and still does. You can print it twice per computer, and it refreshes every so often ( usually every month but sometimes sooner). You can also print it twice on mil's computer, too!:) With the cheese priced at  88 cents when you bought ten (  you can also mix and match the ten items, but I didn't need too) , I paid -2.40$ for 20 packages of cream cheese.  Also, at SuperCenter, they had Chex on sale for 2$ for the big box. I have been holding on to 3$ off 3 coupons for a year now, and they expired the night we just 'ran over there' for no reason. THAT'S GOD!

4. Use the 'buy ahead' principle. This kills me, but I used to go to the store and only buy what I needed for the week. Do I need 20 packages of cream cheese this week? NO!! But it is good until February, great for many holiday recipes, and also freezes well.  So I am good on cream cheese!
 How about you? Do you just buy for the week or stock up?

No comments:

Post a Comment